Thank you for your interest in our Children's Minister/Ministry Director Position. FBC Fisherville, located just outside of Memphis, Tennessee, is seeking someone to build an impactful ministry intent on reaching children for Christ. The ideal candidate will have a Spirit-led desire to reach the lost for Christ, to disciple children toward spiritual maturity, and to equip them to use their lives in service in God's Kingdom. He/she must excel at building a team of volunteers who will work together to minister to children. He/she also must have a desire to partner with and equip parents to disciple their own children on a daily basis.
This is a full-time position.
Here is a more detailed job description...
Responsibilities: Children’s Ministry
- To encourage children to come to salvation, to grow in their understanding of Scripture, and to learn to live a Christ-like life by coordinating efforts for Sunday School, Children’s Church, retreats, Vacation Bible School, summer camps, etc.
- To encourage children to engage in missions in age-appropriate ways through programs and events (RAs, Gas, Mission Friends, mission projects, etc.).
- To schedule and promote fun events throughout the year that promote healthy relationships among children. (summer camps, holiday events, special events, etc.)
- To organize outwardly focused events to reach new families in our community (block parties, Vacation Bible School, Fall festivals, etc.).
- To equip parents to disciple their own children and fulfill their Deuteronomy 6 calling.
- To recruit and equip adults to serve as volunteers and leaders within the Children’s Ministry.
- To properly manage the Children’s Ministry annual budget.
- To work in conjunction with the Associate Pastor: Education & Administration to develop safety protocols to ensure that children will be ministered to in a safe environment, and that all ministry volunteers have been properly vetted.
- To work with the Children’s Ministry Leadership Team and other appropriate teams and committees in the coordination and planning of all children’s ministry programs.
- To work with the Children’s Ministry Assistant to coordinate the nursery ministry.
- To supervise the Mother’s Day Out Program by overseeing the MDO Director.
Responsibilities: General Ministry
- To serve along with the other staff ministers as part of the leadership team to coordinate all areas of ministry under the direction of the Senior Pastor.
- To provide individual counseling for children and parents as needed.
- To participate in hospital visitation to families within the Children’s Ministry as assigned by the Sr. Pastor.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
If you would like to submit a resume or ask further questions about the position, please contact us at KidSearch@fisherville.org.