O God, from my youth you have taught me, and I still proclaim your won wondrous deeds.
So even to old age and gray hairs,
O God, do not forsake me,
until I proclaim your might to another generation
your power to all those to come
The Senior Adults of First Baptist Church seek to exemplify Christ by loving one another, leading by example, and lighting the world with the Gospel of Christ.
The Senior Adults of First Baptist Church will love one another as Christ loves us through prayer, encouragement, mutual accountability and practical ministry (John 13:34). We will model Christ-centered servant-leadership by mentoring, encouraging and serving alongside the next generation (John 13:15) as we proclaim the good news of the Gospel commanded by Christ wherever he leads us (Acts 1:8).
- Authenticity: For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to give strong support to those whose heart is blameless toward him (2 Chronicles 16:9).
- Humility: The fear of the Lord is instruction in wisdom, and humility comes before honor (Proverbs 15:33).
- Servant Leadership: You then, my child, be strengthened by the grace that is in Christ Jesus, and what you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses entrust to faithful men, who will be able to teach others also. Share in suffering as a good soldier of Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 2:2-3).
For more information, please contact Bro. Sam Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (901) 853-4253.
- March 2 - 11:30 am - Potluck lunch - Church Youth Sponsorship Ministry
- April 6 - 11:30 am Potluck meal and Spring Concert to Hearthside and Story Point Assisted Living Facilities
- May 17-20 - Branson, MO Trip - See Sight and Sounds' production of Esther, tour of College of the Ozarks, and other activities.