O God, from my youth you have taught me,
and I still proclaim your wondrous deeds.
So even to old age and gray hairs,
O God, do not forsake me,
until I proclaim your might to another generation,
your power to all those to come.
The Senior Adults of First Baptist Church seek to exemplify Christ by loving one another, leading by example, and lighting the world with the Gospel of Christ.
The Senior Adults of First Baptist Church will love one another as Christ loves us through prayer, encouragement, mutual accountability and practical ministry (John 13:34). We will model Christ-centered servant-leadership by mentoring, encouraging and serving alongside the next generation (John 13:15) as we proclaim the good news of the Gospel commanded by Christ wherever he leads us (Acts 1:8).
- Authenticity: For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to give strong support to those whose heart is blameless toward him (2 Chronicles 16:9).
- Humility: The fear of the Lord is instruction in wisdom, and humility comes before honor (Proverbs 15:33).
- Servant Leadership: You then, my child, be strengthened by the grace that is in Christ Jesus, and what you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses entrust to faithful men, who will be able to teach others also. Share in suffering as a good soldier of Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 2:2-3).
For more information, please contact Bro. Sam Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (901) 853-4253.
- August 3 - 1-4pm - Praisesing (Union University) Day Bus Trip that leaves from the church
- September 9 - 11:30am - Fish Fry at the Gym & SCSD spam prevention talk
- October 5 - 11:30am Potluck lunch - Guest Haley Duffy/Director of Carl Perkins Somerville Branch. Learn how you can support this Child Exploitation Defense ministry.