Thank you for your interest in our Music Minister Position. FBC Fisherville is a warm & welcoming church full of people who love to worship and serve our Lord Jesus Christ. We average around 375 in Sunday School and Worship every week. We currently offer 2 worship services on Sunday morning. Our 8:30am service is led by our Music Minister, piano, and keyboard, singing primarily hymns. Our 11am service utilizes our choir (around 35 members), praise team, and praise band (piano, keyboards, rhythm section, violin, and cello), leading our congregation in a blend of hymns and current worship music. We also have tremendous volunteer-led Children's Choir & Youth Choir programs that perform throughout the year.
The ideal Music Minister candidate must be capable of leading a multi-generational congregation in worship through various styles of music, ranging from the classic hymns of the faith to current worship music. Proficiency in leading worship with an instrument preferred. He must excel at building and leading a choir, praise team, and praise band. He must be capable of giving creative direction to all elements of congregational worship, special services, and musical presentations. He will also provide oversight and training for all additional aspects of FBC Fisherville’s Music & Worship Ministries, including but not limited to audio/visual teams, multimedia production, and volunteer-led music programs (youth choir, children’s choir, senior adult choir, etc.)
Here is a more detailed job description...
Roles of the Music Minister...
Worship Leader - serve as an example of godly living through a lifestyle of authentic worship
- Commit to ongoing personal spiritual growth in order to provide our congregation with genuine, Spirit-led leadership in worship
- Lead the congregation in corporate worship for all worship services and gatherings with excitement and energy
- Provide pastoral care for those who serve in our Music Ministry.
- Give creative direction to all aspects of congregational worship to encourage an atmosphere of worship
Coach - identify and equip leaders and volunteers
- Identify potential Music Ministry leaders & volunteers, including potential members for the choir, praise band, praise team, and audio/visual team.
- Identify potential future worship leaders, providing coaching and opportunities to develop their abilities
- Rehearse the choir, praise team, and praise band on a weekly basis
- Coach the leaders of volunteer-led music ministries (audio/visual teams, senior adult choir, youth choir, youth praise band, & children's choir)
Pastor - serve as an integral part of our Ministry Staff Team
- Maintain consistent office hours
- Participate in all staff meetings
- Seek to disciple individuals within the congregation
- Be active in evangelism
- Participate in hospital visitation and guest outreach
- Fulfill other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor
Administrator - faithfully steward the time and resources of our church and church members
- Oversee Music Ministry leaders & volunteers, providing training and direction
- Develop and manage the Music Ministry budgets
- Schedule and recruit volunteers and team members for services
- Demonstrate proficiency in the operation of all audio/visual equipment
- Maintain and purchase all musical and audio/visual equipment for the Sanctuary
- Constantly research new music for corporate worship & choir presentations
Producer - Oversee elements of production and programming for all corporate worship gatherings
- Plan service orders
- Schedule soloists and rehearsal opportunities with the necessary instrumentalists
- Lead the audio/visual team
- Assist in the selection and creative design of graphics and artwork for music, sermon series, etc.
- Oversee the production of weekly music slide presentations using ProPresenter
If you would like to submit a resume or ask further questions about the position, please contact us at email@example.com. When submitting a resume, our Search Committee requests that you include links to videos demonstrating your ability and experience leading worship.