Thank you for your interest in our Student & Missions Minister Position. FBC Fisherville, located just outside of Memphis, Tennessee, is seeking someone to build an impactful ministry intent on reaching the next generation for Christ. The ideal candidate will have a Spirit-led desire to reach the lost for Christ, to disciple students toward spiritual maturity, and to equip them to use their lives in service in God's Kingdom. He must excel at building a team of volunteers who will work together to minister to teens. He also must have a desire to partner with and equip parents to disciple their own children on a daily basis.
This individual will also play a key role in leading our church's overall Missions Ministry. He must be capable of engaging the congregation in the Great Commission by creating new missions partnerships, planning and leading mission trips, and overseeing our church's Outreach Ministry.
Most importantly, he must meet the qualifications of 1 Timothy 3:1-7. This is a full-time position.
Here is a more detailed job description...
Responsibilities – Student Ministry
- To create strategies to lead the church to reach students who are lost or disconnected from the local church.
- To lead weekly Youth Group Bible study and worship times on Wednesday nights in partnership with the Youth Music Assistant.
- To encourage students to grow in their faith and to learn to live a Christ-like life by coordinating efforts for Sunday morning Bible study classes, small group Bible studies, retreats, and accountability groups.
- To provide opportunities for students to serve Christ through ministry and missions (i.e. mission trips, local mission projects, feeding the homeless, serving within the church, etc.)
- To create opportunities that promote healthy relationships among students, as well as intergenerational relationships for the purpose of discipleship and ministry (i.e. summer camp, fifth quarters, guys & girls nights, mentoring)
- To equip students and adults for ministry leadership within the Student Ministry and to equip parents to disciple their own teenagers.
- To properly manage the Student Ministry budget.
- To equip and assist the College Ministry’s volunteer leadership.
Responsibilities – Missions Ministry
- To develop and implement plans for regular local, national, and international missions partnerships (i.e. missions work days, mission trips, etc.).
- To work in partnership with the Visitation Minister to coordinate the church’s Sunday Night Outreach Ministry.
- To work with the Missions Committee to maintain coordination among all church missions programs and events.
- To promote FBC Fisherville’s participation in annual SBC missions support programs (i.e., Annie Armstrong and Lottie Moon offerings) and TBMB support programs (i.e., Golden State Offering).
Responsibilities – Pastoral Ministry
- To serve along with the other staff ministers as part of the leadership team in all areas of ministry under the leadership of the Sr. Pastor.
- To provide pastoral counseling for teenagers and parents as needed.
- To participate in hospital visitation as assigned by the Sr. Pastor.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
If you would like to submit a resume or ask further questions about the position, please contact us at email@example.com. When submitting a resume, our Search Committee requests that you include links to videos demonstrating your ability and experience preaching to teenagers.